Tuesday, August 16, 2016
16th Tribeca Film Festival Announces Call for Submissions & 2017 Dates
The Festival will also continue its Tribeca X award, launched last year, with a call for submissions for branded storytelling, looking for the best creative collaborations at the intersection of entertainment and brands.
"Tribeca is a forward thinking storytelling festival and we have been supporting work that goes beyond the big screen for many years. As the technology and tools proliferate in the creative community and new distribution models emerge we feel it is the right time to expand and support artists on these growing platforms in a broader way," said Festival Director Genna Terranova.
As one of the premiere festivals supporting female storytelling Tribeca will continue to encourage female filmmakers through The Nora Ephron Prize which began four years ago and annually awards $25,000 to a female filmmaker whose work embodies the spirit and vision of the legendary filmmaker and writer Nora Ephron.
Also announced was the promotion of Cara Cusumano to Director of Programming who began working at Tribeca in 2008. In her new role she will be responsible for spearheading the feature film and TV programming. She will work alongside EVP Paula Weinstein, Festival Director Genna Terranova, Artistic Director Frederic Boyer, and VP of shorts Sharon Badal, and the programming team: Liza Domnitz (features and online work), Loren Hammonds (virtual reality and features), Ian Hollander (features), Ben Thompson (shorts), and Tribeca Film Institute’s Ingrid Kopp (Storyscapes) and Opeyemi Olukemi (interactive).
Deadlines to submit U.S. and International films for the 2016 Tribeca Film Festival are as follows:
· September 6, 2016: SUBMISSIONS OPEN.
· October 19, 2016: EARLY DEADLINE for feature and short films, TV and episodic storytelling, and new online work.
· November 23, 2016: OFFICIAL ENTRY DEADLINE A for feature films, TV and episodic storytelling, and new online work.
· December 2, 2016: OFFICIAL ENTRY DEADLINE B for short films and all experiential storytelling.
· December 14, 2016: LATE ENTRY DEADLINE for feature length world-premiere films only and TV and episodic work.
· January 13, 2017: EARLY DEADLINE for Tribeca X award.
· February 15, 2017: OFFICIAL DEADLINE for Tribeca X award.
Submissions rules and regulations and complete information regarding eligibility for the 2017 Tribeca Film Festival are now available at www.tribecafilm.com/festival/submissions. Questions regarding submissions may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 212-941-2305.