With that, I introduce Thorsten Wedel, gentleman extraordinaire and lover of all things plastic who braved Nuremberg Toy Fair for us and gave me some details on Bandai's Godzilla movie toy line today. Here are the bullet points from our conversation.
- Three items were on display but seemed still in the prototype stages as most were grey in color. The three items were:
Godzilla Destruction Pack with Winged MUTO Monster - Includes: 1 figure, 1 destructible building, 1 military aircraft
Godzilla Deluxe Attack and Roar Figure - With collector level detailing this large scale figure brings Godzilla to life as he blasts his powerful atomic breath and lets out his iconic trademarked roar.
- Thorsten was not impressed. He initially describes the Destruction Pack as having "a little fat dino..but it looks like there is Mothra in the movie too." Actually his initial statement was "Terrible." He used the phrase "cheap plastic" many times.
- Viewed were some bridges, skyscrapers and houses "with parts to destroy".
- The "Winged MUTO Monster is described as having two legs and wings. Looks a bit like a moth. The head in particular was somewhere between a moth and a fly in appearance. The creature had claws like the classic Godzilla monster Gigan (meaning hooks).
- Thorsten could not give much more detail as the monster pieces were very small, in the 3 to 3.5 inch range. (Estimated)
- Compared to this small size, I suppose the Deluxe Attack and Roar Godzilla WOULD come off as "large scale". We are told this figure is 7 inches tops, but definitely no bigger.
- Deluxe Godzilla's action feature is a blue flame effect that pops out of his mouth and lights up. This figure also roars. I asked if it made the classic sound to see if they just had a place holder sound effect in the toy and was told this was the new roar. As we were also not allowed any recording devices, we can't even play that for you. WOULDN'T YOU LIKE TO BE INSIDE OF THORSTEN'S HEAD RIGHT NOW!!
Check in on our Flickr Galleries regularly for extra images from these sets and more!
Note to websites looking for news: Please credit us. Please. If you are grabbing pictures, please only grab half (at the most) of what we are showing and/or talking about and link back for the rest. We appreciate your interest and thank you for your cooperation!