Friday, August 16, 2013
Martha Stewart To Judge Hub Network's Halloween Bash Costume Competition
“With the nationwide Halloween costume competition, the Hub Network is creating a new cultural event around Halloween, which is one of the fastest growing holidays in the country for kids and their families,” said Margaret Loesch, President & CEO of the Hub Network. “The ‘Hub Network’s First Annual Halloween Bash,’ which was the brainchild of our Chief Marketing Officer Dena Kaplan, will star real people from all over America in a fun celebration that is sure to become a cornerstone event every October.”
Martha Stewart, well known for her expertise in entertaining, food, crafting, and holidays, will be the Halloween expert on the panel of celebrity judges for the costume competition. Stewart’s love of Halloween arts and crafts, including extraordinary costumes – her yearly Halloween issue, which will include a feature of Martha in costume, will be on newsstands September 2nd – makes her the perfect fit for the “Hub Network’s First Annual Halloween Bash.” A celebrity host, additional judges, and musical acts will be announced shortly.
The competition is open to all ages, including individuals or a maximum of five people per group submission. Participants are encouraged to create eye-popping, hair-raising and spooky costumes within one of the following six categories:
· Howl-arious – Shows the lighter side of Halloween with a take on a fun, funny or otherwise hilarious costume.
· Spook-tacular – Get ready to frighten America by showcasing the most spine-chilling costume for all the ghosts and ghouls out there.
· Mad Genius – Unique, original, innovative and never seen before. A knight in armor fashioned from bottle caps, bat wings made from old umbrellas, or a cardboard-box jetpack, the possibilities are endless. Display a costume unlike any other — show your Mad Genius.
· Blast from the Past – Take a stroll down memory lane with a timeless costume. Memories, nostalgia and yesteryear brought to life. Show your take on great figures from before the 20thcentury or a retro 50’s sock hop get up, 60’s flower child or other “period” inspired costumes.
· Animal Kingdom – Transform into a living creature from the past or present. Be a roaring lion, a school of jellyfish, a firefly, or a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
· Everyday Stuff – We're looking for the coolest refrigerator/freezer, remote control, mailbox, block of Swiss cheese, telephone and more. Be creative and transform the ordinary into the extra-ordinary.
Beginning Friday, August 16, viewers can visit hubworld.com/halloween to view a two-minute tutorial detailing complete details and entry information about the nationwide costume competition. The deadline to enter is Sunday, September 29.