Entering 2013 with its most-watched year to date among adults and males 18-24, 18-34, and 18-49, the 2013-14 programming schedule includes more than 30 new and returning series, pilots and specials.
The new animated comedy series Rick and Morty from Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland is set to premiere in primetime later this year and Mike Tyson is taking his fight from the boxing ring to the streets in the animated series Mike Tyson Mysteries from Warner Bros Animation. The Fox Television’s hit Bob’s Burgers will also air this summer.
“As Adult Swim continues to grow and be the place for great comedic talent as well as surprising and unexpected content, it is important that we expand its development of original programs so that we can build on its success even more,” said Stuart Snyder, president/coo of Turner’s Animation, Young Adults and Kids Media Group. “The record ratings the network is experiencing this year is a testament to the great work being done by all the wonderfully talented people at Adult Swim.”
“Adult Swim has emerged as a leading entertainment network in key sales demos and should be part of every advertiser’s consideration set during the Upfront,” said Donna Speciale, president of Turner Entertainment and Young Adults Ad Sales. “The network has a distinct relationship with its loyal and engaged audience and targeted reach across television, events, digital and promotions, all of which advertisers have the opportunity to benefit through a wide variety of creative activations.”
· MIKE TYSON MYSTERIES - In the new animated comedy series Mike Tyson Mysteries, Mike Tyson is taking the fight from the boxing ring to the streets… by solving mysteries! Armed with a magical tattoo on his face and a trusty associate by his side — a talking pigeon — if you have a problem that needs solving, Iron Mike is in your corner. The series incorporates live-action appearances featuring Mighty Mike himself, and the gloves come off as the former heavyweight champ and his fowl-mouthed partner gear up for weekly adventures as they put unsolved mysteries — like how to defeat a super computer at chess or why a famous author/werewolf can’t finish his novel — down for the count. Animated quarter-hour from Warner Bros Animation.
- Aaron McGruder Pilots –Two new live-action pilots from the creator of The Boondocks. Live-action quarter-hour and half-hour.
- Tim and Eric’s Bedtime Stories: Zach’s Haunted House - Tim, Eric and Zach are elated to learn their grandfather has left them each $1,000 in his will. However, there's a catch. In order to collect the money, they must live in his haunted mansion for the rest of their lives. Are the three of them up for it? This Halloween special is written, directed and stars Tim Heidecker and Eric Wareheim (Tim and Eric Awesome Show, Great Job!) with Zach Galifianakis (The Hangover). Live-action half-hour.
- Ghostbags – These three frat guys were douchebags while they lived, but now that they've died in a horrible car accident, absolutely nothing has changed. Created by Hayes Davenport (Eastbound and Down) and Guy Endore-Kaiser (Allen Gregory). Animated quarter-hour.
- Hole to Hole - Hole to Hole follows the fabulous exploits of Ashleigh and Amelia Dangerhole, America’s sexiest billionaire detectives in a parody of ‘80s detective shows. From Pam Brady (South Park, Neighbors from Hell) and Arden Myrin (MADtv, Chelsea Lately). Live-action quarter-hour.
- Filthy Sexy Teen$ – Filthy Sexy Teen$ follows the exploits of a group of teens (and one high school principal) as they attempt to climb the social ladder by any means possible, even if they have to use sex, lies, and murder to get there. It won't be easy in a school where everyone has a dark secret, and one mysterious teen is out to expose every one of them. Created by Curtis Gwinn (Walking Dead), Paul Scheer (The League, Human Giant) and Jonathan Stern (Childrens Hospital, Burning Love). Live-action quarter-hour.
- Team Unicorn – Team Unicorn is a modern send-up of Saturday morning kids’ shows featuring a team of four sexy, culture-obsessed heroines who present darkly ironic twists on 80's cartoon tropes. From the creators of Robot Chicken. Live action/animation mix, quarter-hour.
- Übermansion – From Stoopid Buddy Stoodios and the creators of Robot Chicken comes Übermansion, a glimpse into the mundane humanity of six superheroes all living in the same mansion. Created by Zeb Wells and Matthew Senreich, executive produced by Wells, Senreich, Seth Green, John Harvatine IV, Eric Towner and Bryan Cranston. Animated quarter-hour.
- Untitled Cruise Ship Project – The corrupt employees of a trashy cruise ship are piloted into danger by their insane Scandinavian captain. Created by Matt Harrigan (Space Ghost Coast to Coast). Live-action quarter-hour.
- AQUA TV SHOW SHOW
- BLACK DYNAMITE
- THE BOONDOCKS
- CHILDRENS HOSPITAL
- CHECK IT OUT! WITH DR. STEVE BRULE
- CHINA, IL
- THE ERIC ANDRE SHOW
- THE GREATEST EVENT IN TELEVISION HISTORY
- THE HEART, SHE HOLLER
- LOITER SQUAD
- ROBOT CHICKEN
- THE VENTURE BROS.
- AMERICAN DAD
- CLEVELAND SHOW
- FAMILY GUY
- KING OF THE HILL
- ONE PIECE
- SOUL EATER