Allow me to present a reason to panic once more.
SKYLANDERS GIANTS looks to inject new life into a game your kids might JUST be getting worn out on with new characters, light up figures and gargantuan monsters ready to thump the enemy on your command.
Skylanders Giants™ builds upon the breakthrough fundamentals of the Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure™—merging the physical and virtual realms with an innovative line of cross-platform toys with “brains,” which players everywhere can magically bring to life in the world of Skylands. Using the mystical Portal of Power®, players once again lead a team of heroic Skylanders in an all new adventure to save their world. Portal Masters will journey through new areas of Skylands, encountering new enemies, solving fun puzzles, overcoming different hazards and obstacles, and finding a variety of collectable rewards and treasure.
Skylanders Giants introduces sixteen new characters to build on the magic of Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure, including super-sized Giants with powers to match, as well as the new LightCore™ Skylanders that light-up in the game and in the real-world as players’ transport them to Skylands using the Portal of Power that builds on the magic of the toys. Additionally, the game features new Hero Challenges, more Battle Mode gameplay, and advanced integration across console, handheld, mobile and Skylanders UniverseSM.
• Giants: More than twice the size of regular Skylanders, the Giants use their colossal scale and power to battle enemies, solve unique puzzles, and interact in the game world like never before!
• LightCore Skylanders: Amplifying the real-world magic of bringing toys to life, Skylanders Giants introduces the LightCore Skylanders that light-up in the game world and in the real world as players’ transport them into Skylands using the Portal of Power. LightCore Skylanders feature additional in-game benefits, and require no batteries!
• Brand New Skylanders: New Skylanders join the adventure in Skylanders Giants each equipped with their own unique personality, powers, and abilities that kids are sure to love!
• Series 2 Skylanders: Fan-favorite Skylanders from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure return in an all new way in Skylanders Giants! Each Series 2 Skylander features an all new “Wow Pow” upgrade power, as well as the choice of more than one upgrade path! Fans can even play with their Series 2 Skylanders in Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure!
• Forward Compatibility: All of the beloved characters from Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure are 100% compatible with Skylanders Giants, each of their abilities and upgrades intact. Skylanders Spyro’s Adventure characters can even increase their level cap from Level 10 to Level 15 in Skylanders Giants!
• Wider Worlds: Portal Masters will see all new arenas and additional gameplay options in Battle Mode for exciting head-to-head play, as well as enhanced Elemental Zones, new Hero Challenges, and other features that encourage players to collect and level-up every character. Skylanders Giants also features closer integration with Skylanders Universe - the large online world that allows Portal Masters everywhere to greatly expand their Skylanders experience.
New Characters and Re-Posed Characters Include:
Tree Rex: Be Afraid of the Bark!
Element: Life Character Type: Giant
Bio: Long before the Giants protected Skylands, Tree Rex was a majestic tree living peacefully in the ancient woods. But this tranquil existence came to an end when the Arkeyans built a nearby factory to produce war machines. After years of his soil being poisoned by the magic and tech waste from the factory, he mutated into who he is now – a powerful Giant who will crush anything that threatens the natural order of things.
Jet-Vac: Hawk And Awe!
Element: Air Character Type: New Skylander
Bio: Jet-Vac was the greatest, most daring flying ace in all of Windham. He was given his magical wings when he was young, as was the tradition for all Sky Barons. But when his homeland was raided, he chose to sacrifice his wings to a young mother so she could fly her children to safety. This act of nobility caught the attention of Master Eon, who sought out the young Sky Baron and presented him with a gift – a powerful vacuum device that would allow him to soar through the skies once again. Jet-Vac accepted the gift with gratitude, and now daringly fights evil alongside the other Skylanders.
Cynder: Volts and Lightning!
Element: Undead Character Type: Series 2
Bio: While just an egg, Cynder was stolen by the henchmen of an evil dragon named Malefor and trained to do his bidding. For years, she spread fear throughout the land until she was freed from the grip of the evil dragon. Having shown a desire to fight for good, Master Eon made Cynder a Skylander. But dark powers still flow through her, and despite her commitment to make amends for the past, most Skylanders try to keep a safe distance… just in case.
Prism Break: The Beam is Supreme!
Element: Earth Character Type: LightCore™ Skylander
Bio: Prism Break was once a fearsome rock golem who didn’t like to be disturbed. Then, an accidental cave-in left him buried underground. One hundred years later, a mining expedition digging for valuable jewels discovered him by chance with a well-placed blow from a pick axe – something Prism Break doesn’t talk about. After 100 years of solitude, he found that the pressure of the earth had transformed him emotionally as well as physically, turning his crude rocky arms into incredible gems with powerful energy. Grateful for being free of his earthly prison, Prism Break decided to put his new abilities to good use and dedicated himself to protecting Skylands.
Bouncer: Deal with the Wheel!
Element: Tech Character Type: Giant
Bio: Long ago, Bouncer was an All-Star Roboto Ball player. His big, lively personality helped popularize the sport, but after taking too many hits to the head, he retired and the sport faded away. Bouncer then became a security-bot in the Crystal Mines. It was there he encountered dozens of Mabu from his Roboto Ball fan club that had been enslaved by the Arkeyans. Not wanting to let his fans down, Bouncer came out of retirement and began shooting at a new goal – defeating the Arkeyan King. Soon after he teamed up with other Giants, and together they became the first Skylanders.
Pop Fizz: Motion of the Potion!
Element: Magic Character Type: New Skylander
Bio: Nobody is quite sure who Pop Fizz was before he became an alchemist, least of all Pop Fizz himself. After many years of experimenting with magical potions, his appearance has changed quite significantly. In fact, no one even knows his original color. But it’s widely known that he is a little crazy, his experiments are reckless, and the accidents they cause are too numerous to measure. Understandably, he has had a difficult time finding lab partners, or anyone that even wants to be near him. In hopes of making himself more appealing to others, he attempted to create the most effective charm potion ever – but that just turned him into a big, wild, berserker. Or maybe that’s just how he saw the potion working in the first place…
Trigger Happy: No Gold, No Glory!
Element: Tech Character Type: Series 2
Bio: Trigger Happy is more than his name – it’s his solution to every problem. Nobody knows from where he came. He just showed up one day in a small village, saving it from a group of terrorizing bandits by blasting gold coins everywhere with his custom-crafted shooters. Similar tales were soon heard from other villages, and his legend quickly grew. Now everyone in all of Skylands knows of the crazy goldslinger that will take down any bad guy… usually without bothering to aim
Skylanders Giants should be dropping this December!
$74.99 - Starter Pack (Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS) : Includes new game software, one Giant, one new Skylander, one Series 2 Skylander, three trading cards, and a poster
$59.99 – Portal Owners Pack (Wii, Xbox360, PS3) : Includes new game software and one Giant
$14.99 - Giant Figure / $11.99 - LightCore Skylander Figure / $ 9.99 - New Skylander Figure
CLICK HERE to pre-order the starter kit and avoid the inevitable battle in the Toys R Us isles!