Friday, July 15, 2011

Happy Potter Eve!

Just back from the theater where 12 screens ran Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, in 3D, all at the same time. Every seat was sold out. The kids came out in force wearing their robes and uniforms..holding their wands and charms..in hats and scarves and beards and sorting hats and every single person you walked past was smiling. Such a wonderful, rare thing these days. Rarer still was the moment the actual movie started when everyone grew stone silent. Not a whisper or a cell phone beep could be heard. Inadvertently, I'd picked the most well behaved group of people on the planet to watch this movie with! As a surprise that at the very least I was unaware of before hand, the theater ushers gave us special Harry shaped 3D glasses. Being the psychotic collector that I am, I couldn't bring myself to open mine, so they remain mint in package!








To sum up, this was the perfect way to end a fantastic series of films. A packed theater with enthusiastic, cheering fans is the best way to reinvigorate a grouchy mother fucker like me who dreads watching a movie with a normal evening crowd. Thanks to team Harry for creating years of beautiful movie magic, and to the fans at the Hazlet Multiplex for making me laugh for an entire night.

No comments :

Post a Comment