- THE BOOK OF ELI (Action Adventure) - January 15
- Plot: A post-apocalyptic tale, in which a lone man fights his way across America in order to protect a sacred book that holds the secrets to saving humankind.
- My Two Bits: I've seen the trailer a couple of times now and not exactly sure what it's about except there's some apocalypse theme and Denzel is a complete bad ass in it. When the world ends, I know whose mansion I'm camping out in front of. Also, Denzel was rubbing himself in a video I shot at San Diego Comic Con and Gary Oldman said something to the effect that he was a sexy beast, so, while I'm slightly scarred and still confused, I'm in.
EDGE OF DARKNESS (Suspense Thriller) - January 29
- Plot: As homicide detective Thomas Craven investigates the death of his activist daughter, he uncovers not only her secret life, but a corporate cover-up and government collusion that attracts an agent tasked with cleaning up the evidence.
- My Two Bits: Mel with gun, without a beard and crazy eyes = I'm in.
- Plot: The mortal son of the god Zeus embarks on a perilous journey to stop the underworld and its minions from spreading their evil to Earth as well as the heavens.
- My Two Bits: It can go either way. Shoot em ups are either tiresome and formulaic or hysterically fun, and I'm always hoping for the latter!
A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (Horror) - April 30
- Plot: Kid toucher/killer is burned alive by the parents and returns, years later, in the dreams of the vigilante group's children to end their lives in horrible ways.
JONAH HEX (Action Thriller) - June 18
My Two Bits: The Old West, a scarred gunfighter from the pages of DC Comics and zombies? Sold.
- INCEPTION (Sci-Fi Action) - July 16
Trippiest trailer ever, no?
- GUARDIANS OF GA’HOOLE (Fantasy Adventure) - September 24
- Plot: Soren, a young barn owl, is kidnapped by owls of St. Aggie's, ostensibly an orphanage, where owlets are brainwashed into becoming soldiers. He and his new friends escape to the island of Ga'Hoole, to assist its noble, wise owls who fight the army being created by the wicked rulers of St. Aggie's. The film is based on the first three books in the series.
PRISONERS (Suspense Thriller) - Fall
Plot: A man, feeling failed by the system, takes matters into his own hands and captures the individual he feels is responsible for the kidnapping of his daughter and her friend. Torture is on the agenda.
My Two Bits: I don't even know enough to be snarky.
My Two Bits: The last episode, while darker and slicker..and in my opionion far better than the film that came before it, seemed like a very child/ cartoon adventure with the quest for the parts of the thing that will save them all sort of story line. I'm hoping the newest installment brings a bit more to the table and I'll be there to find out.
YOGI BEAR (Live-Action/CG Animated Adventure in 3D) - December 17 (I shit you not.)
Plot: A documentary filmmaker (Anna Faris) travels to Jellystone Park to shoot a project and soon crosses paths with Yogi Bear, his sidekick Boo-Boo, and Ranger Smith.
My Two Bits: Still having flash backs of the Bullwinkle live action fiasco. Must we do this again? Justin Timberlake as Boo-Boo and Dan Arkroyd as Yogi. Umm........